18 November 2014

The Liturgy

Q 218: What is Liturgy?

The Liturgy is the celebration of the mystery of Christ and in particular His Paschal Mystery. Through the exercise of the priestly office of Jesus Christ the liturgy manifests in signs and brigs about the sanctification of humankind. The public worship which is due to God is offered by the Mystical Body of Christ, that is, by its head and its ministers.

Q 219: What place does the liturgy occupy in the life of the Church?

The liturgy as the sacred action par excellence is the summit toward which the activity of the Church is directed and it is likewise he font from which all her power flows. Through the liturgy Christ continues the work of our redemption in, with, and through His Church.

I know many people ask me, why I'm such a Liturgical "snob" (for lack of a better word). The Eucharist is the Source and Summit of our Faith, and the Eucharist can't happen outside of the Liturgical context. That is to say a priest can't consecrate Jesus outside of Mass/Divine Liturgy.

It is a matter of justice that we have good Liturgy. It is the public worship of God. It should reflect His Majesty, His Grandeur, His Glory. Hence all of the beauty is ordered for His Glory, not for our own.

Every detail should reflect Him, and not us. This is why I'm so particular about the Liturgy and continue to fight for good liturgy, in spite of the present happenings.

I am starting formation for the OCDS, if you can keep me in prayer, I'd really appreciate it :). Writing gives me an excuse to do my homework :p

Pax Vobis


No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember you are guests, and you can be kicked out at anytime by the owner of this blog :p...Please use a name or a pseudo name to identify yourself....it makes my life easier