15 May 2014

This post is probably going to rub some people the wrong way...too bad.

**sensitive images alert, if you're squeamish, you might wish to not click the first 3 links.

All this attention to Michael Sam is really making me sick. He's a 7th round pick...but I've been planning this post for a while.

Somethings really do repulse me or disgust me, freak injuries, child abuse, and of course two guys kissing.

I'm not apologizing for feeling this way towards those things, but really something in my inner being goes off and says...this can't be. Now that said is it automatically implicit that I "hate" the individuals involved in the actions there of? Absolutely not. Although people do actions, these actions that they do, do not define them, and should be distinguished from the rest of the person.

Having tons of years of public school, and teaching teenagers, rest assured, I've been exposed to my fair share of things and am probably desensitized to a lot more things than you'd probably think. But even I have a breaking point to the point of disgust.

No, I'm not homophobic. If a person who is homosexual comes towards me, I'm not going to run away, screaming like Justina Bieber towards the nearest town next door. Granted I'm not much of a people person** (the joys of being an introvert, people can be called upon in quotas)....I do not approve of such acts, this blog is an excellent synopsis of what I'm thinking.

The actions we take are always choices. We can freely choose to NOT do something (it may be difficult but it can be done).

Apparently May 17ths is national day against Homophobia, h/t to Linen on the Hedgerow

I seriously know of no one who actually runs scared and quakes in fear at the sight of someone homosexual. I do know of people who are simply disgusted by their actions, and do not hate the people though...

Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison

Pax Vobis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember you are guests, and you can be kicked out at anytime by the owner of this blog :p...Please use a name or a pseudo name to identify yourself....it makes my life easier