15 January 2015

Back from retreat...and so I'll try to get some thoughts out.

Fact of the matter is that I haven't been home, and have not had a chance to type out my handwritten notes from the retreat that I went on.

Before I begin though, if you can pray for a priest named Fr. Matthew, I'd (and he'd) appreciate it.

The theme of the retreat was the Family: The Martins, for those of you that know me, know I have a particular affection for St. Therese (and St Tatyana, whose feast day it was yesterday)...

a. There are certain sins that are deep symptoms of loneliness and regret. One should avoid these things, remember that in God is strength, and not other people.

b. It is important to have a disposition of silence so that God can speak. This is the spirituality of Carmel.

c. To conquer the past, one can't do it on their own. Some anger with God is healthy, but can' dwell or be a perpetual pity fest.

More to come....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember you are guests, and you can be kicked out at anytime by the owner of this blog :p...Please use a name or a pseudo name to identify yourself....it makes my life easier