01 October 2011

On the glorious Feast day of St Therese

God has His way of doing things that are beyond our comprehension...I must say somethings are getting clearer. It's been quite a long time since I've last blogged, a few updates....

a. I have moved....

I now live in Cottonwood, ID. I am a math and science teacher at a school in the "city." (Town doesn't even reach 1000). As I've mentioned previously, it's always been in my heart to teach. A different kind of peace is present here at my new job and with everyone that I've made friends with. The situation that I was at home dealing with, I had to leave it, there was interior stress that I wasn't going to express.


  • I don't have to hide my Faith. I can be Catholic without attacks coming from the inside. 
  • I don't have to hide my political beliefs, I can be conservative without being looked down upon. 
  • Even though my job is hard, I enjoy all of my students and everything that I have to do to prepare to do a good job. 
It has been a bit of culture shock for me, getting used to "crick" instead of "creek" (Something I refuse to give into.) has been quite the challenge. But so far, everyone has been great to me that I've met here. I went to dinner with Adrienne and her husband. Yet to meet Anita

b. It's NOT God's will that I be a priest.

Really the thought of priesthood hasn't crossed my mind much since I've left seminary. It's painful sure, but I know that God isn't calling me to be a priest. That's not something that I have control over. 

c. Liturgical fights are not worth it.

Honestly, it's to the point, where as long as the Priest doesn't pour Jesus after the consecration, or screw up the words of consecration, I don't care about the abuse. There is nothing that I can do about it. I am not in control, (as much as I like to be at times). There's only one of me, prayer, hope and not stressing are good things I'm attempting somewhat to develop. 

d. You don't think I forgot it's St Therese's feast day did you? I've been meaning to mention a few things. 
  • St Therese and I have quite a few things in common. We're both stubborn as heck. We've both fallen asleep praying the Rosary and we both have a deep love for God in our efforts to do the simple things. Was able to go to confession today and again reflect on her life in relation to mine. (For those of you that happen to be in Spokane, make sure you go to St Al's at Gonzaga, it's a gorgeous Church...nota been, just to visit, I make no endorsement for Mass). Things are not in my control, and I'm very slowly accepting that fact. 
  • As a guy, flowers aren't my biggest interest. Roses from St Therese however are a completely different story. I think she has sent one in the form of a particular person. We'll see.
Thank you to all of you that have been praying for me. Please continue to do so. I will do so for you as well. God bless

Mr. P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember you are guests, and you can be kicked out at anytime by the owner of this blog :p...Please use a name or a pseudo name to identify yourself....it makes my life easier